When we work with Windows Azure Media Services .NET SDK we can perform all the tasks available from the portal: Upload content, encode assets, dynamic packaging and publish assets. To help in these tasks is one additional library called WindowsAzure.MediaServices.Extensions, which exposes a set of methods that help us work with Azure Media Services:
Related to the upload/download assets:
- Create an empty Asset using a selection strategy for the Storage account.
- Create an Asset from a single local file.
- Create an Asset from a local folder.
- Generate Asset Files from Blob storage
- Download Asset Files to a local folder
About publication of assets:
- Get manifest Asset File
- Create a Locator
- Get Smooth Streaming URL from an Asset
- Get Smooth Streaming URL from a Locator
- Get HLS URL from an Asset
- Get HLS URL from a Locator
- Get MPEG-DASH URL from an Asset
- Get MPEG-DASH URL from a Locator
- Get SAS URL from an Asset File
Finally a set of utilities for jobs:
- Get latest Media Processor by name
- Create a Job with a single Task
- Start Job execution progress task to notify when its state or overall progress change.
- Get Job overall progress
- Parse Media Services error messages in XML format